Happy Weekend, Fellow Fashionistas & Followers!
A month or so ago, I was working on a collection of designs that was super whimsical. Then they went a little pop, so I renamed the collection of drawings to Pop/Whimsical. I’ve been finished for a while now, but life got super hectic and I never had time to post the designs. You may recognize some of them from “Which Sketch Is Better.”
Speaking of “Which Sketch Is Better”, I’m not sure when I’m going to do another one. If you really want me to do one, comment below and I’ll consider it.
Anyway, moving on, here’s the collection!
1. I’m super happy with this design. The top has lots of little sequins, and the bottom has a semi-flared out skirt with ruffles and pink and gray fabric. Since this is the first design I made, it turned out completely whimsical. I wrote “Re-Invented Alice In Wonderland Dress” at the top.
2. This design is my second favorite (they’re all pretty much my favorites, but I wouldn’t admit it). I am crazy about bows in designs, and the huge bow at the top of the design makes for a super out-of-this-world pop look. The asymmetrical hem and different colored boots also add to the design’s feel. I would say it’s a bit of pop and whimsical, but maybe a pinch more pop.
3. I just had to take a closer picture of detail to show the different colors and features of this design. From far away, it looks like a dress, but up close you’ll notice it’s a top with straps going over the stomach to the skirt. I think of all the colors I used for each design, the colors I chose for this one are my favorite. The purple, gold, and blue go together more perfectly than one would think, and the bright red hem adds cute personality.
4. Before you scroll down to the next design, let me tell you, this design had potential. Honestly. It would be cute, if I hadn’t chosen the colors that I had chosen. It looks like a 70s homage with the awful purples and tacky pants–yes, you can tell I’m not a fan of this design, especially since her skin turned out super bright in the picture. However, since this piece is part of the collection, I have to show it. As for pop or whimsical–it’s neither.
5. Luckily this design didn’t come out horribly. It was a risk with the bold skirt, but I’m crazy about it, so maybe it was a good risk. However, it turned out a touch plainer then the other designs and it doesn’t really make as huge an impact on the collection as I hoped, but I’m still very happy with it.
6. This one turned out just the way I had hoped–the hair, the skirt, the neon colors–it’s the picture of pop itself, except the sequin boots-I don’t love those, but otherwise, this is just super cute.
7. The purple and orange are more subtle than the rest of the fun colors in the collection, but I like its simplicity. Overall, I am very happy with it.
8. Like the design before this one, I think this outfit is super cute, but maybe too simple. Orange is a color I normally don’t use, but I hope I pulled it off with the high waisted skirt. This design is more ready-to-wear, while some of the other designs are crazier.
9. I just LOVE this one. My only concern would be the right arm; it turned out a little thick. I ran out of pink ink for the end of the dress, so I just used purple, but I ran out of that too! I think this design is spot on–it’s a bit of both pop and whimsical, and the bow, pink hair, sequins, and mini top hat all add to the fun dress.
Which design was your favorite? Let me know in the comment box.