Okay, maybe always is a bit far-fetched. Naturally, there are always going to be things that we can’t control that make our day bad. But if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, there’s always some things you can do to make your day better! So, in today’s post, I’m going to be sharing a few tips that I have found help me to have a good day.
- Get sleep Obvious as it may be, you are more likely to have a better day if you wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
- Don’t get right on your phone If you grab your phone to check social media, you’ll probably end up spending an hour scrolling through Instagram. Instead, make your bed, wash your face, get some coffee, write out a to-do list…and when you’re all ready for the day, check your phone.
- Eat a healthy breakfast Again, I’m sure you’re rolling your eyes, but a healthy breakfast is so important to having a good day.
- Wear your favorite outfit It’s a fact: when you take the time to dress up, style your hair, and put on makeup, you probably feel better about yourself then wearing sweats and leaving your hair unwashed. There’s nothing wrong with a good old lazy day, but if you wear a nice outfit, you’re more likely to be productive, choose healthier meals, and feel good about yourself.
- Excercise If your day started off on the wrong foot, exercise! It will make you feel more energized and positive.
- Be productive I always like to write a mental list for myself of things I need to get done, and I spread it out throughout the day.
- Go somewhere Of course, a lazy day filled with Netflix is always fun, but there’s a whole world outside your door. You can watch Netflix later. Go outside, go to the mall, go to the park, go somewhere. Make new memories.
- Talk to your friends Whenever I text or email my friends, I almost always leave the conversation feeling more positive. A good friend lifts you up and makes you feel better, instead of leaving you feeling worse about yourself. If you are having a bad day, just talk to your friend, they are sure to lift your spirits.
- Pamper yourself At the end of a long, productive day, now it’s time to treat yourself. Turn on Netflix, paint your nails, put on a face mask, take a nice bath…self care is pretty awesome.
- Settle down for the evening. Put away your electronics and get ready to hit the hay. I like to write in my journal, read my Bible, and settle down with a book before going to bed.
There you have it! Thank you for reading, and I’ll catch you on the flip side.
Do you do any of these things? What helps you to have a great day?